Associate Editor – May 2019 – Present
- Pitch ideas, write, edit, assign and work closely with the photo and art teams to create vibrant layouts that tell a story for Loose Talk, Hot Pics, Hot Hollywood, Us Living and more sections of the magazine.
- Works with the reporting team to turn out coherent, exciting, reliable stories day in and out.
Associate Producer – April 2018 – May 2019
- Works with Paramount Network’s social media director to develop and execute content plans, including social creative concept ideation, graphic creation and copywriting for their hit-show, Younger.
- Collaborates with producers, designers and video editors to execute original editorial concepts using our show footage and/or original shoot footage with talent.
Editorial Assistant – July 2016 – April 2018
Bauer Xcel Media
- Write and contribute to social media for the entertainment brands: Life & Style, In Touch, Closer and Soaps in Depth.
- Work directly with the Executive Editor and support the entire team of editors and writers administratively.
- Consistently pitch, write and build entertainment news, celebrity gossip and evergreen articles for all brands in the CMS.
- Pitch, write and create photo galleries for outreach and SEO purposes.
- Contribute to all social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest on a daily basis.
- Monitor traffic using Google Analytics to track the performance of the websites.
- Assist with Facebook Live videos for the brands.
- Work closely with junior and senior editors to brainstorm article ideas that will bring in the most traffic for the websites.
Editorial Intern – May 2016 – July 2016
- Create a daily twitter roundup of funny/interesting tweets from celebrities.
- Take notes on celebrity TV appearances.
- Update the binders in the office with pages from the most recent issues of the magazine.
- Mail out issues to publicists and PR offices and handle other administrative duties.
- Attend photo and editorial meetings with writers and editors.
- Transcribe celebrity interviews and research information for larger stories.
- Attend and report from red carpet events.
- Pitch articles for the print magazine and usmagazine.com.
Features Intern – December 2015 – March 2016
- Work in the Features Department, support staff writers and editors.
- Organize the Book, perform transcriptions, research story ideas and assist with FOB content.
Editorial Intern – September 2015 – December 2015
- Handled social media, researched for articles and wrote three pieces for phillystylemag.com.
Editorial Intern – May 2015 – August 2015
- Collaborated with writers and editors to assist with feature stories and related research.
- Covered five Los Angeles red carpet events for THR.com and wrote nine stories for the website.
Editorial Intern – January 2015 – May 2015
- Transcribe, fact check and conduct research for articles.
- Works closely with editors and has the ability to write for numerous blog sites including Be Well Philly, Ticket and Shoppist.
Editorial Intern – October 2014 – December 2014
Philadelphia Weekly– Philadelphia’s Alternative Newspaper
- Responsible for fact-checking and editing articles.
- Wrote descriptions in the paper and transcribed articles.
Staff Writer – September 2014 – May 2014
- Responsible for writing weekly articles, meeting deadlines and promoting all articles through social media.
- Research, wrote and interviewed for an official ranking article that went viral.
- Works closely with editor and publisher.
Arts & Entertainment Editor – May 2014 – January 2016
- Responsible to pitch, write and edit articles for Arts & Entertainment section.
- Sits on the executive board and assist the rest of the staff with programs and website details.
Staff Writer – September 2013 – May 2014
Her Campus Temple Online Magazine
- Wrote weekly stories covering topics ranging from campus life to entertainment for the nationally recognized online magazine.
- Consistently met deadlines and worked closely with editors.
Student Fundraiser – August 2013 – August 2014
- Responsible for calling alumni of the University to raise funds.
- Raised over $10,000 for scholarship and program purposes.
Sales Associate – June 2013 – August 2013
Forever 21 (Hollywood Flagship Store)
- Worked successfully for a summer at location on Hollywood Boulevard under pressure and was responsible for working closely with customers and building outfits.
Customer Service Associate – November 2011 – August 2014
- Responsible for working closely with customers, managing the cash register and successfully opening credit cards.
- Received a raise based on merit and consistently met goals made by JC Penney.
InDesign/eDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, WordPress,
Final Cut Pro, Lexis-Nexis, AP Style
HTML, CSS, SEO
Major: Journalism, Minor: Sociology
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
National Society of Collegiate Scholars
Journalism & Society, Mass Media Writing Lab, Audio-Visual Newsgathering, Writing for Journalism, Design for Journalists, Multimedia Storytelling, Journalism Research
Brianna Kovan: Elle Magazine Associate Editor
Gary Baum: The Hollywood Reporter Senior Writer
Laurence Stains: Temple University Journalism Professor