Weekend Editor – June 2020 – Present
- Covers celebrity and entertainment news for Cosmopolitan.com on the weekends. Pitches story ideas, writes, edits, and self-publishes 10 to 12 articles per weekend.
- Contributes additional SEO articles during the week, including roundups and explainers.
Freelance Writer – June 2020 – Present
- Contributes to multiple brands, including Glamour, Bustle, HelloGiggles, The Lily, Well+Good, StyleCaster, and more.
- Writes pop culture, lifestyle, political, and wellness articles.
Associate Editor – May 2019 – June 2020
- Pitched ideas, wrote, edited, assigned, and worked closely with the photo and art teams to create vibrant layouts that told a story for Loose Talk, Hot Pics, Hot Hollywood, Us Living ,and more sections of the magazine.
- Worked with the reporting team to turn out coherent, exciting, reliable stories day in and out.
Associate Producer – April 2018 – May 2019
- Worked with TV Land’s social media director to develop and execute content plans, including social creative concept ideation, graphic creation, and copywriting for the hit-show, Younger.
- Collaborated with producers, designers, and video editors to execute original editorial concepts using show footage and/or original shoot footage with talent.
Editorial Assistant – July 2016 – April 2018
Bauer Xcel Media
- Wrote and contributed to social media for the entertainment brands: Life & Style, In Touch, Closer, and Soaps in Depth.
- Consistently pitched, wrote, and built entertainment news, celebrity, and evergreen articles for all brands in the CMS.
- Pitched, wrote, and created photo galleries for outreach and SEO purposes.
- Contributed to all social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest on a daily basis.
- Monitored traffic using Google Analytics to track the performance of the websites.
- Assisted with Facebook Live videos for the brands.
- Worked closely with junior and senior editors to brainstorm article ideas that brought in the most traffic for the websites.
Editorial Intern – May 2016 – July 2016
- Pitched story ideas during photo and editorial meetings with writers and editors.
- Transcribed celebrity interviews and researched information for larger stories.
- Attended and reported from red carpet events.
Features Intern – December 2015 – March 2016
- Worked in the Features Department, supported staff writers, and editors.
- Organized the Book, performed transcriptions, researched story ideas, and assisted with FOB content.
Editorial Intern – September 2015 – December 2015
- Handled social media, conducted article research, and wrote three pieces for phillystylemag.com.
Editorial Intern – May 2015 – August 2015
- Collaborated with writers and editors to assist with feature stories and related research.
- Covered five Los Angeles red carpet events for THR.com and wrote nine stories for the website.
Editorial Intern – January 2015 – May 2015
- Transcribed, fact checked, and conducted research for articles.
- Worked closely with editors and had the ability to write for numerous blog sites including Be Well Philly, Ticket, and Shoppist.
Editorial Intern – October 2014 – December 2014
Philadelphia Weekly– Philadelphia’s Alternative Newspaper
- Was responsible for fact-checking and editing articles.
- Wrote descriptions in the paper and transcribed articles.
InDesign/eDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, WordPress, Final Cut Pro, Lexis-Nexis, AP Style, Drupal, HTML, SEO
Major: Journalism, Minor: Sociology
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
Brianna Kovan: Bustle Features Editor
Gary Baum: The Hollywood Reporter Senior Writer